A family favourite! Kids will love to help assemble the nutty base and sweet strawberry centre.
Easy Peasy Strawberry Cheesecake
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
For the base:
75g Ground Almonds
75g Cashew Nuts
1 tbsp Stevia
For the topping:
200g Soft Cheese
150ml Double Cream
1 tbsp Stevia
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan (350ºF/320ºF fan).
- Grease and line a tin with baking paper (no need to line the sides).
- Place the cashew nuts in a food processor and pulse until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the cashew nuts, ground almonds, the melted butter and 1 tbsp stevia to a bowl and mix with a spoon or your fingers until a crumbly mixture forms. Do not over mix as you will end up with a dough.
- Pour into the lined tin and gently press down and level. Do not press down too much as you will lose the crumbly texture
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 mins until the edges start to turn golden brown and then remove and cool (you can stick it in the freezer to be speedy).
- Puree the strawberries. In a bowl, beat together the soft cheese, 1 tbsp stevia, vanilla essence and three-quarters of the puréed strawberries.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the cream until it starts to stiffen, but is still soft.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the soft-cheese mixture.
- Spoon over the chilled base.
- Drizzle over the remaining strawberry purée and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
Nutritional values per slice
Calories 301 kcal |Carbohydrate 4g|Total Fat 29g|Protein 5g|